Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Funny Paradox

I find it funny that most (not all) of the FW: type emails I receive from people (you know, forwards of "incredible" stories or "good luck" chains) come from professed Christians.

Shouldn't Christians be on the forefront of truth?

I have a question for all of them:

You are quick to point out Scriptural admonitions vis a vis worship, prayer, and Bible study. You say that "God showed me" some truth about something or someone. You say "God led me" to this or that.

Why didn't God lead you to http://www.truthorfiction.com to check out your phony story first? This site was started by Rich Buehler, a long time Christian broadcaster who is probably as bugged by these bogus emails as I am.

Do you realize it is pure superstition to think that if I send a talisman to 20 people, I will receive good luck or an "answer to prayer?"

Time to grow up. The God you profess to know is bigger, much bigger, than that.

1 comment:

joannmski said...

Yes, agreed, it is very irritating to get Christian emails good luck!

And also I dislike emails saying that if you don't forward them immediately to 10 other friends that you are ashamed of God.